Librarians and library staff members from all types of libraries are invited to be charter members of a new AzLA Special Interest Group. The eResource group proposes to plan and promote ways to learn about and share content-based online resources, including databases, ebooks and related content.
Common Issues & Goals:
• To share information on new and model e-content projects, platforms and tools, including both locally developed and commercially purchased.
• To share information on statewide e-content projects.
• To work together to develop resources to enhance the library users’ online experience.
• To further working relationships between all types of libraries around e-content.
• Host an annual, day-long eResources forum. The forum will include presentations and panels on research, trends, issues and the future of digital libraries.
• Host two webinars showcasing new e-content projects.
• Organize and sponsor an annual program at the AzLA conference, and hold an annual business meeting at the conference.
• Share information in the AzLA newsletter and through a listserv.
• Host quarterly Interest Group Council and Planning Meetings, which are open to all members.
To get started, we need to recruit at least 25 charter members, and officers – chair, vice chair, immediate past chair and recorder. As this is an AzLA group, members and officers need to be AzLA members.
If you’d like to be a charter member, are willing to be an officer, or would just like more information, contact Laura Stone, Digital Content Director, Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records, a division of the Arizona Secretary of State by email at email@example.com or phone, 602-926-3469.